Image Optimization Technique
There are lots of substantial discussions regarding the idea of improving the image ranking for specific keywords. It is because nowadays images appear not just only on image searches, but also on the main results pages of the most major search engines.
Optimizing Images is a little bit different from optimizing your webpage. For those who are engaging the internet marketing field, image optimization is very essential. It works really well for some certain business. So before you begin the image optimization, you should be aware that the traffic that you receive from image search might not convert into sale.
It is very important to optimize your images for search engines. So here are the things that you should consider in optimizing your site.
1. Naming Image: Use an important keyword in name of your image. You can use a hyphen as a keyword separator. It’s essential to use a descriptive filename.
2. Alt for Images: Use an appropriate alt text as search engine and use this text for reference about the image.
3. Title Attribute: Use a descriptive title text and include your keyword in title tags of your image.
4. Surrounding text: Use relevant and applicable keyword text around your image.
5. Description Attribute: Use a descriptive attribute to explain in details about the content of the image.
6. Heading tags: Use relevant heading tags on the webpage. This helps to get a ranking for the webpage as well as images.
7. Incoming links: Use your keyword with some variation for back links. It’s important to add incoming links for the image.
8. Using image on the relevant page: Use the image on the relevant page because this is very essential.
9. Enhancing image search: You can activate the enhance image search feature by logging in to the webmaster account in Google. This is necessary in optimizing your image in that site.
10. Webpage Ranking: It’s very important that the parent webpage will rank so that you can have the chance to rank your image.
Sometimes good content on image optimization are most often neglected by people. It is necessary to always consider that to boost up your ranking in the search engine.
Russel is a seasoned SEO specialist. He has more than 10 years of experience in the field of Information Technology. He is based in Tampa Florida.
Article from articlesbase.com